- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MIAMI (AP) — Popular Mexican soap opera and movie actress Lorena Rojas has died of cancer in at age 44.
Latin World Entertainment talent agency said in a statement that Rojas died Monday in Miami surrounded by loved ones. She had battled cancer since 2008.
The Mexico City-born actress began her career in the 1990s with Alzcanzar una Estrena. She later had roles in Azul Tequila, El Cuerpo del Deseo, and Pecados Ajenos. Her most recent project was the series Demente Criminal.
Her roles extended beyond soap operas to films such as Corazones Rotos, Papa Soltero, Mas que Alcanzar una Estrella and El Triste Juego del Amor. In the theater, she acted in Manos Quietas and the musical Aventurera.
Just months ago she had launched a children’s album called Hijos del Sol.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers
Robert De Niro