- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Soledad O’Brien‘s Starfish Media Group is in advanced negotiations with Al Jazeera America on a production deal, a person familiar with the matter told The Hollywood Reporter. Under the deal, O’Brien’s company would produce long-form programming and other segments for the forthcoming cable news network.
Earlier this month, O’Brien inked a content development deal with HBO for projects developed by Starfish Media Group. She also appears on the HBO program Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel (O’Brien’s first piece aired Tuesday night).
O’Brien announced the formation of Starfish Media Group in February as she was leaving CNN’s Starting Point. Her production company will also continue to produce programming for the cable news network.
Al Jazeera America, backed by the government of Qatar, is set to launch later this summer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day