- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
It should come as no surprise to anyone, but Sons of Anarchy finished its wildly popular run on FX with more ratings records.
See more: Kurt Sutter and Wife Katey Sagal on the Set of ‘Sons of Anarchy’
Last week’s wrap-up for the Kurt Sutter biker drama averaged 9.26 million viewers — now that live-plus-3 data is available. More than 6 million of those viewers were adults 18-49. “It’s a rare and remarkable accomplishment for a television show to generate its — and our channel’s — highest ratings in its final season,” said FX Networks and FX Productions CEO John Landgraf. “We thank Kurt Sutter and his team for an epic ride.”
The episode just narrowly outperformed the September premiere’s 9.25 million viewers, but a record is still a record.
Sons of Anarchy‘s ratings, outside of just premieres and finales, had been on an upward trajectory for some time. All told, the latest season averaged 7.54 million viewers in live-plus-3 ratings for every episode. That tops last season’s previous record of 6.98 million.
Since its 2008 launch, Sons of Anarchy grew by nearly 200 percent in both total viewers and adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day