- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
More good news for Sons of Anarchy fans: Nero Padilla (Jimmy Smits) will be back in Charming for season 6, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
PHOTOS: ‘Sons of Anarchy’s’ 10 Most Dramatic Deaths
Smits, who joined the show in season five as the gangster-turned-“companionator,” will be back for all 13 episodes of season 6, as reported by TV Line.
On season 5, Smits’ character wooed and won over Gemma (Katey Sagal), while also helping Jax (Charlie Hunnam) and the California motorcycle club sort out some troubles with their enemies.
At the end of season 5, showrunner Kurt Sutter told press that he would like to see Smits return but wasn’t sure if the actor’s schedule would allow it. “His sort of Latino past and that energy, mixing it into our world, is really fascinating for me,” he told reporters. “I love the relationship that is going on with he and Gemma. There’s enough emotional weight on the table, there’s enough relationship weight on the table for us to continue that storyline.”
This is the second day in a row of casting news for Sons of Anarchy. On Wednesday, THR confirmed that Donal Logue will return to his role as former U.S. Marshal Lee Toric, whose sister was killed in prison by the character Sutter plays on Sons.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day