- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FX is upping its investment in Kurt Sutter.
The creator and executive producer of Sons of Anarchy just inked a script development deal with the cable network that will see him writing a half-hour comedy about a clown, a former ’80s rock diva with a son, who doubles as an assassin. It’s titled Diva. Clown. Killer.
“I look at SOA as being an intense drama, where the murder and mayhem are made palatable by absurd, dark humor,” said Sutter. “This half-hour will be an absurd, dark comedy, where the story is fueled by murder and mayhem.”
Should the pilot move into production or receive a full series order, Sutter will stay on with his duties at Sons of Anarchy and hire a writer-producer as showrunner.
Fox 21 and FX Productions are co-producing the project, Sutter’s first under a February output deal with Fox 21. Katey Sagal and Belle Zwerdling serve as executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day