- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As expected, the recent premiere of Sons of Anarchy‘s seventh and final season is indeed the most-watched episode in series history.
In fact, with 9.25 million viewers from the first-run episode now that live-plus-three day viewing is in, it stands as the most-watched program in the history of the cable network.
A whopping 6.1 million of those viewers were adults 18-49, giving it a 28 percent lift from the recent season average. That season, it should be noted, raised the FX ratings bar as the most-watched in its history as well.
With seven seasons under its belt, Sons of Anarchy is hardly spry by TV standards, but it continues to gain traction on its way out the door. Adding encore runs, and not even including the data that will become available from streaming app FXNow, the episode has already topped 10.6 million total viewers in less than a week.
Compared to the series premiere in 2008, Sons of Anarchy is up 228 percent — 9.25 million from 2.82 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Late Night With Seth Meyers