- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures Television Networks (SPT) is rolling out two versions of its AXN branded pay-TV channel for Central Europe, with the launches set for October.
The two channels, AXN White and AXN Black, will offer local-language programming to audiences across the region, covering Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Programming on AXN White will be more female-oriented, with character-driven dramas and series such as Heartland and features including Eat Pray Love. AXN Black will be a full-on action channel targeting a largely male demo, with series like Spartacus and Justified and reality series such as Black Gold and Duck Commander.
The channels will replace AXN Sci-Fi and AXN Crime in Central Europe. Sony will continue to operate its flagship AXN channel, animation network Animax and youth-focused network AXN Spin in the region.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day