- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Movie Channel, a multiplatform TV network, is adding new programming blocks to its lineup, it was announced Monday.
Debuting Friday, the “Friday Features” block will offer a double-feature format with back-to-back movies on Friday nights. The first night will showcase stand-up comedy films paying tribute to Richard Pryor: Here and Now and Live at the Sunset Strip.
The following week, The Blue Lagoon and Return to the Blue Lagoon will air, with Memento and Pollock showing April 15. On May 6, Big Fish and Counterfeiters will be broadcast.
Launching Monday, April 4, the “Mandays” block will focus on action, adventure and comedy genres geared toward male-skewing films with a double-feature format. Johnny Mnemonic and Sniper will kick off. Other films that will be included in the block are: 88 Minutes, Toy Soldiers, El Mariachi, The Executioner, Three Stooges: Have Rocket and See no Evil, Hear no Evil.
The channel will launch Reel 6, original interstitial programming, featuring firsthand accounts by filmmakers, producers, crew and execs.
Sony Movie Channel is available on DISH Network, DirecTV and AT&T U-Verse TV, along with VOD and online platforms.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day