- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Peter Emerson is leaving Entertainment One’s TV unit as part of a restructuring that sees former Sony Pictures exec Stuart Baxter come on board as president of eOne Television International.
Emerson will remain with eOne’s TV division through July 2014 during the transition.
Baxter, who most recently spent nine years at Sony Pictures overseeing the distribution of feature films and TV programs, will be based in London.
In his new role, Baxter will oversee all sales, acquisitions, co-production ventures, production financing and strategic partnerships at eOne Television International, reporting to eOne Television CEO John Morayniss.
EOne Television International is the Canadian company’s foreign sales arm for original content and third-party content, including output agreements with AMC Networks and El Rey Network.
“Having watched eOne evolve and grow rapidly over the last several years, I’m delighted to now join John and the team,” said Baxter in a statement Tuesday.
Prior to Sony, Baxter headed the Warner Bros. International TV EMEA business development team.
“After six great years with eOne, building its international TV business and a dream team from scratch, the entrepreneur in me felt that it was the right time to move on,” Emerson added in his own statement.