- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As part of a three-year agreement, Sony will produce one primetime series each year for Telemundo in the U.S., it was announced Tuesday. Telemundo International, Telemundo’s international sales division, will distribute the series worldwide.
PHOTOS Summer TV Preview
In early 2015, Sony Pictures Television’s production company Teleset will begin production on the first series in Mexico in association with Telemundo Studios.
“We are very proud to enter this agreement with Sony Pictures Television to produce scripted content with the highest-quality standards and talent selection,” said Telemundo International president Marcos Santana. “This agreement will provide us with appealing and attractive content at the level our international clients have come to expect from Telemundo International.”
Telemundo is a division of NBCUniversal Hispanic Enterprises and Content and reaches U.S. Hispanic viewers in 210 markets.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day