- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) has closed its first international format deal for the horror game show Release the Hounds, selling the program to German broadcaster ProSieben. The German commercial network will adapt the British series, created by Gogglebox Entertainment, as a two-hour special for the German market set to air in March under the title: Scream! If You Can.
The original Release The Hounds aired as a Halloween special on ITV2 last October. It was a ratings and social-media hit, leading ITV2 to order a full season of the format for this year. The concept of the show has unsuspecting contestants entering a forest at dusk where they then face terrifying challenges, including out-running a pack of hounds, to get a chance to unlock a chest full of money.
SPT Productions Germany will produce the German version of the format in partnership with Gogglebox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day