- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Originally, it appeared that the show anticipated a Hillary Clinton victory, reflected in the episode’s teaser and its title, “The Very First Gentleman,” released Monday.
But, since South Park is turned around so quickly, it is able to be more topical than any other sitcom on TV. So after Trump won, the title of the episode was changed to “Oh, Jeez,” and some of the lines said in the teaser for a Clinton victory were also altered.
The episode marked the first time in the show’s 20 seasons that the F-word was not bleeped during an early time-slot showing, according to Comedy Central.
Usually, the only time that word is not bleeped is during late-night airings and on Hulu. However, it was said once, uncensored by Mr. Garrison on Wednesday. It was bleeped afterward in the remainder of the episode.
Bill Clinton was still in the episode, as foretold in the original trailer.
Since last season, the show’s Trump character has been represented by Mr. Garrison (referred to as “Giant Douche”). His running mate is Caitlyn Jenner.
A second teaser came out Wednesday, ahead of the show’s airing, which addressed the Trump victory.
Check out that clip below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day