- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the Comedy Central series’ season 18 promo, animated versions of Redskins owner Dan Snyder and recent Hollywood Reporter cover subject Robert Griffin III plead with Eric Cartman to stop using the team’s name for his business. What exactly that business does is not quite clear.
The animated Snyder doesn’t appreciate the situation and says he feels like a “joke.” In other words, the shoe appears to be on the other foot.
This is hardly the first time that the show, which was recently picked up by Hulu for exclusive streaming rights, has intentionally cannon-balled into hot water. A 2010 episode that addressed the controversy over the depiction of Muhammad created quite a stir and caused the series to get banned in Sri Lanka.
Creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone‘s long-running show returns for its season 18 premiere Sept. 24 on Comedy Central.
Sept. 21 at 10:00 p.m. Updated with correct premiere date. THR regrets the error.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers
Robert De Niro