- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former Spice Girl Mel B has been named as the fourth judge for the 11th season of X Factor U.K.
Mel B told the U.K. press she is “so excited” to be joining the show. She reportedly signed a deal worth $1.67 million (£1 million). The 39-year-old signer served as a guest judge on the show in 2012.
Simon Cowell said he was “thrilled” by the appointment, adding,”I thought she was fantastic as a guest judge a couple of years ago. She is feisty, opinionated and, I believe, will be a great mentor.”
“I’ve always thought honesty is the best policy when being a judge, and that’s what I’m going to bring more of this year,” Mel B said of her approach to the role. “Whether it’s spotting an incredible singer, giving someone a reality check or debating with Simon over who’s got it wrong.”
She added, “Now I can’t wait to get started and find some amazing talent.”
Cheryl Cole and Cowell announced in March that they would be coming back to the show as judges after a four-year hiatus. And earlier this month, Louis Walsh confirmed he was returning as a judge. Cole had said she would like a female talent to hold down the fourth judge’s seat.
Filming for the 11th season begins next week, with auditions taking place across the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day