- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spike TV is putting a big bid on Auction Hunters.
Not only is the freshman reality show getting another season, but the network has placed the largest episode order ever for the second season of an original series.
Auction Hunters is coming back with 20 more gavel-smacking episodes.
And here’s something you don’t see every day. As part of the network’s rather unusual push to get older viewers, executive vp Sharon Levy touted the show’s higher median age:
“Auction Hunters is among the new crop of Spike original series aimed at broadening the network’s audience,” she said. “The show’s current median age is 39, five years older than the network’s current average age in 2010 for original series. The series is also bringing in new viewers to the channel as 49% of the Auction Hunters audience hadn’t watched Spike TV the week before.”
Auction Hunters averaged 1.1 million viewers since it debuted Nov. 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day