- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spike TV is ready for another tattoo.
The Viacom-owned cable network has handed out an early renewal for Ink Master for an eighth season, returning in summer 2016 with a new batch of 16 episodes.
The renewal comes ahead of the season seven’s debut in the spring. Season six completed its run Oct. 13 with a live 90-minute finale that fetched 2.5 million viewers. Spike notes that the recently concluded round set a record with 2.4 million viewers and ranking as the No. 1 show among adults under 50 on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.
“Ink Master delivered yet again a compelling and entertaining season packed with incredible artistic expression and creativity mixed in with big drama,” said Spike exec vp original series Sharon Levy. “The record ratings are a testament to our partners at Original Media and our phenomenal hosting/judging trio of Dave Navarro, Oliver Peck and Chris Nunez. We are thrilled to this great team back for season eight.”
The Ink Master renewal comes days after Spike TV granted a second season to spinoff Ink Master: Redemption.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day