- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spike TV is heading into the world of extreme animals.
The male-skewing cable network has given a series order Urban Tarzan, a show that features extreme animal handler UrbanTarzan (formerly known as John Brennan), who rescues, captures and relocates dangerous and exotic animals.
Urban Tarzan has been picked up for 10 half-hour episodes to premiere in spring 2013 and will be shot in various locations in the U.S.
The show will center on UrbanTarzan as he runs the privately-owned service Urban Tarzan Animal Relocation. Missions include capturing a deadly python in a residential neighborhood to tracking down a lion that escaped from sanctuary. Assistant Jay “The Caveman” Cassidy will also be featured.
The series is produced by Asylum Entertainment. Steve Michaels and Jonathan Koch will serve as executive producers. The original concept came from UrbanTarzan, Lorraine Yarde and Marke Basile.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day