- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Several days after Hurricane Sandy ripped through the East Coast, destroying homes and leaving millions without power, NBCUniversal has announced its networks including NBC, Bravo and USA will air a one-hour, Matt Lauer-hosted telethon to benefit victims.
Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together will air Friday from 8 to 9 p.m, also on NBCU channels E!, CNBC, MSNBC, Style, Syfy and G4. Late Thursday, HBO announced it would carry the telethon, and other networks might also join ahead of the special, which will be broadcast live from NBC’s 30 Rock studios in New York and live-streamed on NBC.com.
Bruce Springstreen, Christina Aguilera, Billy Joel, Sting and Jon Bon Jovi are slated to perform. NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams and late night host Jimmy Fallon will also appear, as will Kevin Bacon, Tina Fey, James Gandolfini, Al Roker and Jon Stewart.
Donations will go toward The American Red Cross’ Sandy relief efforts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day