- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The former host exited the ABC program amid controversy after the network opted not to renew her contract. Jones responded by announcing that she would be leaving the show. Walters would not allow her back the next day and went on to reveal that Jones had asked her co-hosts to lie about her gastric bypass surgery.
The Wednesday interaction was amicable, however, with Walters stating she was “so happy to welcome” Jones back to the set. When asked to discuss the details surrounding her controversial exit, Jones joked, “Are we really going to go here, Barbara?”
“It was ugly,” she recalled. “Nasty things were being said in the media, it just wasn’t a good emotional time.” Jones confessed to taking “real responsibility” for her actions and offered congratulations to the crew on all they had accomplished.
Jones donned a sleeveless red dress for her appearance, in which she raised awareness of heart disease.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day