- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Even Scotty couldn’t beam someone out of this mess.
Star Trek actress Nichelle Nichols was briefly stopped at LAX Friday, after meth fell out of her traveling companion’s suitcase, TMZ reports.
See more 15 Key ‘Star Trek’ Moments
The actress, whom Trekies know as Lt. Uhura from the 1960s TV series, was reportedly at the American Airlines terminal with a male companion in his 20s, when his suitcase fell, opened and a bag of drugs popped out.
The suitcase in question reportedly had Nichols’ name and tags on it, but law enforcement determined she was unaware the meth was there. Her companion was arrested for drug possession, and Nichols was allowed to continue on to her flight.
Nichols’ rep declined to comment but reportedly told TMZ the male companion is the actress’ assistant. The rep denied drugs were involved, saying police found an e-cigarette.
At 81, Nichols still appears at Star Trek conventions around the country. In addition to starring in six Star Trek films and three seasons of the series, her more recent credits include roles on NBC’s Heroes and the upcoming indie feature The White Orchid.
Zoe Saldana plays Uhura in the current big-screen reboot of the Star Trek franchise.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day