- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — David Threlfall, who made his name with his turn as Frank Gallagher in Channel 4’s Shameless in the U.K., leads an all-star cast for BBC drama What Remains.
Threfall stars alongside Russell Tovey (Being Human), Stephen Mackintosh (Criminal Justice), David Bamber (The King’s Speech), Victoria Hamilton (Lark Rise To Candleford), Indira Varma (Luther) and Claudie Blakely (The Night Watch).
It marks Threlfall’s first TV role since starring in Shameless.
Written by Tony Basgallop (Inside Men), this four hour-long episodes of the show, billed as a state-of-the-nation whodunit, is directed by Coky Giedroyc (The Hour) and made for the channel by BBC Drama Production.
It details the story of a young couple who move into an apartment only to discover the remains of a woman who has not been seen for over two years but was never registered as missing. Trelfall plays the police detective sent to investigate.
What Remains is produced by Grainne Marmion (Small Island) and executive produced by Hilary Salmon.
The show is commissioned by Ben Stephenson, controller of BBC drama commissioning and BBC One controller Danny Cohen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day