- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney’s forthcoming streaming service won’t launch until late 2019, but details surrounding one of its most highly anticipated TV series have emerged.
“After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic,” Favreau shared in a post on his Instagram account.
Disney is developing multiple live-action Star Wars TV series for its upcoming streaming service, which is designed to rival Netflix. The platform will be the exclusive home for Marvel feature films and original series as well as Pixar and other Lucasfilm properties. So far, only Favreau’s involvement in one of the Star Wars TV series has been revealed. Wednesday’s announcement offers a closer look at just where the new Star Wars TV series fits in with the franchise.
For his part, Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars universe. The actor-director played roles in the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day