- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney and reps for Pascal declined comment.
The Mandalorian takes place after the events of Return of the Jedi and before the villainous First Order rose to replace The Empire. Favreau has described it as following “the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.” The series has booked a number of high-profile directors, including Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa, Deborah Chow and Star Wars: The Clone Saga‘s Dave Filoni. Favreau executive produces with Kathleen Kennedy, Colin Wilson and Filoni.
Disney is developing multiple Star Wars spinoff series for its streaming service, including one toplined by Rogue One star Diego Luna. Disney is positioning Disney+, which is set to launch next year, as a competitor to Netflix and will make it the exclusive home for Marvel films and series as well as Pixar and other Lucasfilm properties.
Pascal is repped by WME, Untitled Entertainment and Jackoway Austen Tyerman Wertheimer Mandelbaum Morris Bernstein Trattner & Klein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day