- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The animated series will return for a third season in 2016, the cable network announced Monday.
“We are proud to bring our audience a third season of Star Wars Rebels, a series that has resonated across generations,” Disney XD GM Marc Buhaj said. “The creative team behind the series continues to do a brilliant job in delivering on the key tenets that fans have come to expect from a Star Wars property, including adventure, hope and the battle between good vs. evil.”
To date, the toon ranks as Disney XD’s No. 2 series among total viewers (averaging 1.3 million) as well as kids 6011, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11. More telling, the series is the cabler’s top show among the key adults 18-49 demographic as well as men under 50.
In announcing the renewal, the cabler also touted the show’s global performance, where it reaches 48 million total unique viewers across 157 countries/territories. Rebels has also generated nearly 4 million video plays on Disney XD’s Watch platform.
The news comes weeks ahead of the highly anticipated release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day