- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney debuted a scene from the animated Star Wars Rebels series, featuring the characters Hera and Chopper in action.
Debuting Saturday at WonderCon in Anaheim, it’s the first extended look at two of the series’ new characters. In the action sequence, you get a good sense of the personality of Hera (voiced by Vanessa Marshall), a pilot for the Ghost crew of rebels fighting the Empire, and her dynamic with Chopper.
Star Wars Rebels takes place between Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope, which spans about two decades. The animated series is set “in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.”
The series also includes Sabine (voiced by Tiya Sircar), a feisty Mandalorian weapons expert; Zeb, the intelligent muscle of the Ghost crew (Steve Blum); Ezra, a 14-year-old con artist (Taylor Gray); and Kannan, a survivor of the emperor’s Jedi purge (Freddie Prinze Jr.).
Star Wars Rebels will premiere in the fall as a one-hour special on Disney Channel, before debuting as a series on sister channel Disney XD worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day