- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney and Lucasfilm have unveiled the villain for animated TV series Star Wars Rebels.
The first image of the Inquisitor, dressed in all black and described as an “intimidating figure,” debuted at New York Comic-Con during the Lucasfilm panel Saturday. The Inquisitor is hired by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi.
In the image above, four Stormtroopers are seen in shadow behind the Inquisitor, wielding his weapon as he prepares for battle.
Star Wars Rebels takes place between Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, which spans about two decades. The animated series is set “in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.”
This comes less than a week after a 16-second teaser trailer for Star Wars Rebels debuted on Disney XD. During Comic-Con, concept art by Ralph McQuarrie and the official logo were released and The Hollywood Reporter first reported in September that David Oyelowo and Freddie Prinze Jr. were in the process of being cast as the voice leads.
Star Wars Rebels hits Disney Channel as a one-hour special in 2014, before premiering as a series on Disney XD.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day