- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Resistance will continue for another season on Disney Channel.
The cable network has renewed its animated series Star Wars Resistance for a second season, set to debut in fall 2019. The pickup comes a few days before the series begins the final run of its first season; it returns Sunday, Jan. 13.
The show, which begins a short time before the events of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, was greenlit in April, shortly after Star Wars Rebels ended its four-season run. It centers on a young pilot named Kaz who’s recruited to spy on the growing threat of the First Order.
The voice cast includes Christopher Sean as Kaz, along with Suzie McGrath, Scott Lawrence, Myrna Velasco, Josh Brener, Donald Faison, Jim Rash and Bobby Moynihan. Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie reprise their roles from the Star Wars films, playing Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, respectively.
Lucasfilm Animation stalwart Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) created the series; Clone Wars and Rebels veterans Athena Portillo, Justin Ridge and Brandon Auman are executive producers. Amy Beth Christenson is the art director.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day