- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first concept art and logo for Disney’s animated Star Wars Rebels television series was revealed at Star Wars Celebration Europe on Saturday.
Executive producer Dave Filoni offered attendees the first look by unveiling drawings by concept artist Ralph McQuarrie that offer a better glimpse at the look and feel of Star Wars Rebels. Additionally, the official logo for the series was revealed (see below). Executive producers Simon Kinberg and Greg Weisman sent a video message recorded for the attendees.
Star Wars Rebels takes place between Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, which spans about two decades. The animated series is set “in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.”
Star Wars Rebels is scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special on Disney Channel before debuting as a television series on Disney XD.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day