- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network on Thursday announced that its two-hour special Stars in Danger: The High Dive will bow Wednesday, Jan. 9 at 8 p.m. and feature eight celebrities, including Jersey Shore‘s Jwoww, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills siblings Kim and Kyle Richards, former NFL pro Terrell Owens and Antonio Sabato Jr., among others.
Based on the long-running German format, High Dive will see contestants take a crash-course in diving techniques overseen by renowned diving coaches and then compete in a series of Olympic-style dives including high diving, synchronized dives and more from a variety of heights.
Olympic diving medalist Troy Dumais will assist the eight as they face off in the special, from Bunim/Murray Productions (The Real World).
Rounding out the competitors are Soul Surfer subject/author/ pro surfer Bethany Hamilton, Baywatch‘s Alexandra Paul and David Chokachi.
Fox’s diving special comes nearly three months ahead of ABC’s similarly themed Celebrity Diving series, featuring judge and Olympic icons Greg Louganisand David Boudia. The participants have yet to be announced ahead of its March 19 premiere.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers
Robert De Niro