- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starz’s upcoming historical fantasy series Da Vinci’s Demons has found its leading lady.
British actress Laura Haddock has been tapped to join the cast of the Tom Riley starrer from David Goyer, Starz announced Tuesday.
The drama revolves around Leonardo da Vinci (Riley), abrash and brilliant 25-year-old artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist whose intellect and talents will be explored as he struggle to live within the confines of his own reality and time as he begins to see — and invent — the future.
Haddock will play Lucrezia Donati, the mistress of Lorenzo Medici and lover of da Vinci.
Haddock is a veteran of British television, with credits including Honest, Upstairs Downstairs and Strikeback. Her stage work includes When We are Married, Famous Lasat and Rutherford & Son.
The project is the first under the multiyear deal Starz and BBC Worldwide Productions set last summer.
Production on the series is scheduled to begin this year for a 2013 premiere. Goyer will serve as showrunner, with Julie Gardner executive producing along with BBC Worldwide Productions topper Jane Tranter.
Haddock is repped by Independent Talent Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day