- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The eight-episode drama comes from creator Anna Moriarty and is produced by Lionsgate Television and Paramount Television Studios. It centers on the title character (Langford, 13 Reasons Why, Knives Out), who while visiting family in New England reconnects with her childhood sweetheart and falls headlong into what seems like a storybook romance.
Underneath their fever dream, however, lurks a more unsettling interpretation of this affair. The series will explore addictive love and the repercussions that a relationship has on the families in a small New England town.
“The Venery of Samantha Bird is the perfect complement to our slate of provocative, immersive storytelling that leans into the female gaze,” said Kathryn Busby, president original programming at Starz. “Katherine is an incredible talent who will bring this modern romance of addictive love to life.”
Salvatore Stabile (Waco) will serve as showrunner on the series and will executive produce with Moriarty and Jessica Rhoades (Sharp Objects, Station Eleven), via her Pacesetter Productions. Rachel Polan is a co-EP, and Jessica Yu is consulting producer.
Langford is repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Independent Management Company in Australia and Shelter PR.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day