- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starz is bulking up Magic City for its second season.
The Jeffrey Dean Morgan period drama has enlisted James Caan, Esai Morales and Jamie Harris for recurring roles.
The Godfather‘s Caan will play Sy Berman, a Chicago mob kingpin and the boss to Danny Huston‘s Miami mobster Ben Diamond, who has a connection to Ben’s wife, Lily (Jessica Marais). The casting marks a Godfather reunion for Caan, who co-starred with Alex Rocco in the 1972 Francis Ford Coppola feature.
Morales (NYPD Blue) will play Carlos Ruiz a former Castro loyalist who now works to free Cuba from the man he formerly considered family. Morales most recently recurred on USA Network’s Fairly Legal.
Harris (Green Hornet) will play Nicky Grillo, a tough, cocaine-snorting mob guy with a quick and volatile temper. The project reunites him with Magic City‘s Huston, with whom he stars in the upcoming indie feature Two Jacks.
Caan is with CAA and Bloom Hergott; Morales is with Innovative, Kritzer Levine and Cohen & Gardner; Harris is repped by Innovative and Rough Diamond Management.
Magic City returns next year on Starz.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day