- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Upon inking a first-look deal at Starz, Jeremy Elice has nabbed a script commitment for football drama Off Season.
The hourlong effort centers on the newly promoted, youngest head coach in professional football as he handles harsh competition. Things only get more cutthroat and complex during the off-season as he navigates infighting among players, decisions on who to cut and politics with the owners. All of this is in the pursuit of putting together a team that might have a shot at a championship.
Off Season is inspired by the lives of ex-NFL players Keyshawn Johnson and Brian Kelly, who will serve as executive producers on the small-screen project. Eric Amadio (Shadows & Lies) will write and executive produce, with Elice serving as an EP through his newly launched Elice Island Entertainment.
Elice, formerly the president of TV at Legendary Pictures, is repped by Ginsburg Daniels; Amadio is repped by WME, Underground and Bloom Hergott’s Greg Slewett.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day