- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starz is giving another early renewal to Power, its top-performing original from Courtney Kemp and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.
Word on the sixth season comes as the network prepares to premiere season five on July 1.
“As Power wraps production on season five, we want to acknowledge and thank our spectacular team for producing another great season,” network programming president Carmi Zlotnik said Tuesday in a statement. “We are also pleased to announce a pickup for season six.”
Power, the network’s top performer with an average 9.3 million viewers per episode across platforms, last scored a two-season pickup in 2016 when Starz was reupping its overall deal with Kemp. The showrunner’s profile has risen considerably since the drama launched in 2014. (Kemp also has the buzzy pilot Get Christie Love in the works at ABC.)
The season six opener of Power will be directed by Jackson, a first for the rapper-actor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day