- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starz’s Spartacus has cast its Julius Caesar and Marcus Crassus.
Todd Lasance and Simon Merrells have been cast as the young rogue and wealthy Roman, respectively, the cable network announced Tuesday.
Lasance, best known as Ben McMahon on Australian legal drama Crownies, will portray the Caesar, who is described as having deadly intelligence and a skilled swordsman who will begin his ascent toward the all-powerful ruler he will one day become.
For his part, Merrells’ credits include U.K. drama London’s Burning and the BBC’s Mersey Beat. His Crassus is described as being the richest man in the Roman Republic, who is envied and despised among the senate and craves the power and respect that defeating Spartacus (Liam McIntyre) and his rebel army would bring.
Lassance is repped by Gersh and Marquee Management; Merrells is with Conway van Gelder Grant.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day