- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starz has hired 25-year industry vet Russell Schwartz as senior vice president, business and legal affairs.
Schwartz will be based in Los Angeles, and will oversee the company’s business and legal affairs group for its Starz originals and TV production business.
“Russell brings to Starz a wealth of knowledge, experience, and business affairs acumen that will serve the company well as we expand our footprint into original programming,” said Steve Beabout, Starz Entertainmnet’s executive vice president, general counsel and secretary. “Specifically, Russell has extensive experience in the premium television business from his time at HBO and has a track record of success throughout his career practicing law and in the entertainment industry.”
Schwartz worked at HBO for 17 years in various positions in business affairs and previously worked for GTG Entertainment and CBS Entertainment. He previously worked with current Starz CEO Chris Albrecht at HBO.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day