- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Station 19 is bulking up.
The Grey’s Anatomy firefighter spinoff has enlisted Boris Kodjoe for its forthcoming second season.
On the drama from showrunner Stacy McKee and exec producers Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers, Kodjoe will recur as a seasoned firefighter with a mysterious past. His character returns to the Seattle Fire Department after some time away and brings with him new skills, new perspectives and an approach to the job that doesn’t always fall in line with the members of Station 19.
For his part, Kodjoe is fresh off three seasons of CBS medical drama Code Black, which was a co-production between CBS Television Studios and Station 19 producers ABC Studios. His credits also include Fox’s The Last Man on Earth, Undercovers and Soul Food. He’s repped by Gersh and Untitled.
He joins a Station 19 cast that includes Jaina Lee Ortiz, Jason George, Miguel Sandoval, Grey Damon, Jay Hayden, Alberto Frezza, Danielle Savre, Okieriete Onaodowan and Barrett Doss.
Station 19 returns in the fall on ABC. A formal premiere date has not yet been announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day