- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stephen Colbert took some time on Wednesday’s The Late Show to joke about the news that Bernie Sanders now has his own Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor.
“Ben created a limited edition ice cream just for Bernie Sanders called ‘Bernie’s Yearning,’ the host announced, “Which I gotta say sounds to me like a soft core porno.”
With that, Colbert launched into his Bernie Sanders impression and offered his interpretation of how such a film would play out.
Colbert then revealed that “Bernie’s Yearning” is essentially mint chocolate chip ice cream — in which all the chips have risen to the top.
“I got some news for Ben. In reality, that top one percent generally doesn’t have a lot of chocolate in it,” Colbert quipped, adding, “Hey, I don’t make the world, I just describe it.”
He then suggested some possible Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream flavors for the other presidential candidates.
Watch the full clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day