- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg welcomed Stephen Colbert to Washington to lead the Late Show host in a serious workout session, which will appear as a segment on Wednesday night’s episode.
Sporting a workout shirt that said “Super Diva,” Ginsburg met Colbert in the gym at the Watergate Apartments in D.C., where Colbert asked her about her hip-hop-inspired nickname, “Notorious RBG”; her thoughts on the upcoming female-led Ocean’s 8; and whether a hot dog is a sandwich. “Yes, it is,” Ginsburg declared on the latter.
Questions out of the way, it was time to “get shredded,” as Colbert took to the gym in a tie and shorts. Curious as to what music Ginsburg sweated it out to (opera, as it happens), Colbert offered his own suggestion: “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)” by C+C Music Factory.
“I would never, ever exercise to that noise,” said Ginsburg, so opera it was. The duo then kicked things into gear as they engaged in calisthenics, squats and planks. “Justice is blind, but you know man meat when you see it,” Colbert quipped to Ginsburg while performing lat pull-downs.
To wrap up, Colbert earned a high-five from the Justice and made sure to clarify with Ginsburg that she wasn’t “juicing.”
Watch the video above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day