- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Matthew McConaughey is a huge fan of Stephen Colbert’s former Comedy Central show from the ‘90s called Exit 57.
“I religiously watched that show,” said McConaughey, as Colbert commented on how astounded he was that McConaughey has memorized quotes from the relatively unknown series. The actor stood up and showed off his memorization skills, acting out a scene from the show.
His favorite skit was “Forecast” about two men who work at a newspaper. It was a sketch Colbert didn’t even remember but he happily obliged McConaughey’s wishes to act out the scene together.
In the Exit 57 sketch McConaughey plays a weather forecaster angry at his editor, played by Colbert, who keeps changing his forecasts and makes him “look bad.”
“What have I become, am I a monster?” asks Colbert, apologizing. “I’m going to print a retraction in tomorrow’s paper, I’m going to give you your sunny with a chance of rain, I’m going to give you your integrity, your respect and your pride.”
Throughout McConaughey’s visit, where they also discussed his famous “McConaugheyisms,” the two drank Wild Turkey, as McConaughey promoted the brand for which he is creative director.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day