- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mike Pence’s marriage has been making headlines recently after it was revealed that he refuses to dine with anyone of the opposite sex other than his wife and that he won’t attend events where alcohol is served unless Karen Pence is with him.
Stephen Colbert shared his thoughts on the matter in his Late Show monologue on Thursday. “That can only mean one thing — Mike Pence is such an out-of-control, Force 5 bone-icane that he has to be monitored by Karen Pence at all times,” said Colbert.
“One Amstel Light and he’s dry humping the bread baskets,” he added with a laugh.
Colbert continued to tease Pence, saying, “He is so naughty, if you left him alone with a bottle of whiskey he might try to have sex with it.” He added that both Jim Beam and Jack Daniels are men and Pence isn’t “into that scene.”
The host talked about Pence’s engagement story and how he proposed to his wife by hollowing out loaves of bread and hiding the ring in one loaf and champagne in the other. Colbert complimented Karen for being able to differentiate between Mike and a loaf of bread and then said it was a good thing she was there “because you do not want to leave Mike Pence alone with one of those seductive loaves of bread.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day