- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After Trump announced Tuesday that he is running for president, Colbert posted a video of himself wearing a fake-looking wig and praising the real estate mogul.
“This will be the finest, most luxurious, gold-plated, diamond-encrusted campaign that will give hope to a weary nation until together we reach that fine fall day when the new season of Celebrity Apprentice premieres,” Colbert said.
Colbert then had a big announcement of his own. “Donald’s presidential campaign has inspired me, Stephen Colbert, to announce that I will still be hosting the Late Show on CBS,” he continued. “Thank you, thank you, you’re welcome. Somebody has to, right?”
Colbert, whose first Late Show episode airs Sept. 8 on CBS, added numerous quips about Trump, including this description of his appearance at the campaign launch: “I saw [Trump when he] came out and thought, ‘He looks like he fell into a river, and they raked his body out of the surf down in Cape May three weeks from now,’ but the important thing is the crabs had not gotten to his eyes, and that sends a message of confidence to voters that if you vote for him, he’s not physically dead.”
To see Colbert’s other jabs at Trump, including a joke about a fictional robo-Hitler, watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day