- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s sweeps time, and Stephen Colbert is pulling out all the stops, even making nice with his longtime nemesis: bears.
On Monday night’s Colbert Report, the host poked fun at sweeps-specific attempts to boost ratings, including, as Colbert put it, “cheap publicity stunts” like “rectal exams” and “lesbian kisses.”
See more Stephen Colbert’s Career in Pictures
Yet “when it comes to blowing it out for ratings, no one blows harder than Good Morning America,” said Colbert, deconstructing its newly established “Survival Week” with segments like correspondent Matt Gutman narrating a wrestling session with a grizzly bear: “That is news you can use!”
Colbert then launched into his own sweeps-friendly onscreen gimmick, which even included him getting romantic with a bear, a creature he’s often called America’s No. 1 threat.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day