- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stephen Colbert has a message for moviegoers across the nation.
In the former Colbert Report host’s newest promo for his new late night show, he instructs viewers to put on their 3D glasses, and then uses props to let them know that The Late Show will premiere September 8 on CBS.
“What? We couldn’t afford 3D? Well now I look like an idiot,” he jokes in the clip, adding: “Please tell me we still have the CGI dragon.”
The trailer will play in movie theaters across the country, including AMC, Regal and Cinemark chains, as well as in over 35 other smaller circuits.
In a previous video released August 2, former presidential candidate Mitt Romney joined Colbert to promote his upcoming talk show, a sign that the host has dropped his Colbert Report “character.”
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert premieres Tuesday, September 8 on CBS. Watch the full trailer here:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day