- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC has found its low-rent lawyer.
The pilot centers on Vincent (Coogan), a former cop who’s now a cunning but charming low-rent lawyer who uses his street smarts to work the system for his clients while battling his own demons and wooing his ex-wife. He is described as handsome, charming, charismatic, quick-witted and extremely smart — and cocky. He’s a maverick who will do anything to save his clients, even at the risk of his professional reputation.
House‘s Shore will pen the script and executive produce the Sony Pictures Television drama. Tommy Schlamme will direct the pilot, which also counts Rockmond Dunbar (Sons of Anarchy), Greg Grunberg and Kacey Rohl among its cast.
Coogan, repped by Independent, 3 Arts and Rick Genow, has had a lengthy career as a comedian, creating original comic characters including Alan Partridge, who was featured in two British TV series that earned him five BAFTA nominations. His credits include features Despicable Me, Marmaduke, Night at the Museum and Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day