- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Treme‘s Steve Zahn is heading to broadcast TV.
The actor, whose HBO drama will end its run later this year, has landed the starring role in ABC’s Kyle Killen drama Influence, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The provocative workplace ensemble centers on the complicated relationship between two brothers who head a unique agency designed to attack their clients’ problems using the real science of human motivation and manipulation.
Zahn will play Clark, one of the two brothers. He’s an unmedicated bipolar world-renowned expert in the fields of human behavior, psychology and motivation and a former professor whose academic career imploded when the university became aware he was having an affair with a 22-year-old undergraduate.
Awakecreator Kyle Killen will pen the pilot and executive produce the 20th Television drama alongside Keith Redmon. Miguel Sapochnik will direct the pilot.
Repped by WME, Principal Entertainment and attorney Frank Stewart, Zahn’s credits include the Diary of a Wimpy Kid features, Rescue Dawn, Forces of Nature and Happy, Texas, which earned him a 2000 Satellite Award.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day