- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steven Seagal will be back with more justice on ReelzChannel.
The cable network Thursday renewed the crime-fighting series True Justice, its first original scripted drama.
The series, which stars Seagal as Elijah Kane, leader of a team of undercover cops that takes on local criminals in an effort to clean up the streets, will return with 13 additional episodes.
Since its March 30 premiere, True Justice has continued to grow, with its most recent third episode becoming Reelz’s highest-rated program of the year, notching more than 1.2 million viewers.
“We are very excited about the strong viewer response to True Justice,” Reelz senior vp programming Matthew Singerman said in announcing the news Thursday. “The audience growth in just three episodes demonstrates that this show is striking a chord with our viewers and more people every week are becoming fans, so Reelz is stepping up to take viewers deeper into the electrifying world of Steven Seagal’s crime-fighting saga.”
Seagal, Nicolas Chartier and Phillip Goldfine executive produce the series, with Keoni Waxman on board as co-exec producer/director.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day