- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Storage Wars is turning out to be as valuable a treasure to A&E as any of the priceless items hunted on the show. The second season premiere broke records for the network, with 5.1 million viewers tuning in.
The back-to-back episodes opening the second season on Wednesday, July 20, became A&E’s top season-opening performance for any series in the history of the network.
The 10:30 p.m. episode became the network’s most-watched telecast of all time among the key adults 18-49 and 25-54 demographics with 2.9 million viewers in each demo, as well as the most-watched series telecast of all time with 5.1 million total viewers.
The 10:00 p.m. episode was watched by 4.5 million total viewers before growing by 13% to 5.1 million for the 10:30 p.m. episode. Among adults 18-49 and 25-54 the audiences grew by 12% from 2.6 million for the 10:00 p.m. episode to 2.9 million for the 10:30 p.m.
Storage Wars, produced by Original Productions, a FremantleMedia Company, follows a team of modern-day treasure hunters navigating through the world of high stakes world of storage auctions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day