- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
StoryBy Entertainment has hired Sophie Kaplan as director of development, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Since 2015, Kaplan has been sole creative executive for former Sony Animation president Michelle Raimo Kouyate’s MRK Productions, which has a first-look deal with the studio. She got her start in development at Global Produce and prior to that served as assistant to book scout Maria Campbell before being promoted to book scout herself. Kaplan began her entertainment career in physical production.
“As StoryBy has steadily expanded, we have been looking for an executive to help nurture that growth,” StoryBy principal Michael Prevett said in a statement. “Sophie’s background as a book scout and relationships in the literary community, combined with her impeccable taste and development skills, make her the perfect addition to our team at StoryBy.”
Prevett, a literary manager, founded StoryBy in 2013 in partnership with Rain Management Group’s Jonathan Baruch and Rob Wolken and producer Howard Braunstein. The company signed a first-look deal with eOne Entertainment in June and produces Freeform’s Stitchers as well as Amazon’s upcoming Toy Wars, Josh Schwartz, Josh Gad and Ryan Dixon’s adaptation of the G. Wayne Miller book.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day