- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Stranger Things is inching closer to a return.
On Tuesday, Netflix announced that season two of the hit series will launch Oct. 27. Additionally, Netflix released a new teaser for season two which promises that “1984 only gets stranger.”
The release date and tagline are only fitting considering that, as previously revealed, the second season will take place around Halloween in 1984.
The season’s description reads: “It’s 1984 and the citizens of Hawkins, Indiana are still reeling from the horrors of the Demogorgon and the secrets of Hawkins Lab. Will Byers has been rescued from the Upside Down but a bigger, sinister entity still threatens those who survived.”
New castmembers this season include Paul Reiser, Sean Astin, Will Chase and Brett Gelman.
Check out the new art and teaser for season two below.
Some doors can’t be closed. #StrangerThings2 arrives on October 27. pic.twitter.com/NALL5HQalg
— Stranger Things (@Stranger_Things) July 11, 2017
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Vanderpump Rules’ Reunion Reveals Tom Sandoval and Raquel Leviss’ Private Chat About Ariana Madix; Restraining Order Update
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
‘Rings of Power’ Star Sophia Nomvete on Fighting Racist Backlash: “My Place in This Show Is Not Just a Celebration, It Is an Act of Defiance”
‘Ted Lasso’ Star Hannah Waddingham on the (Series?) Finale and “Life-Changing” Run of the Show